Getting Started on FedBid is Easy, Fast and FreeSkip Jump Links
- Click on “Register” on the upper right of your screen.
- On the FedBid Registration page, click the ‘Register As Buyer’ button.
- Complete the Buyer Registration form and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the Confirm Registration page review all information entered. If changes need to be made, click the ‘Edit’ button. If the information is complete and correct as entered, click the ‘Submit Registration’ button.
- FedBid will review the Buyer registration and will contact the Buyer in order to ensure the Buyer) has requisite authority to perform procurement actions and ii) is an active employee of his or her registered organization.
- FedBid will then activate the Buyer account and send to the Buyer an email with a link for creating a password and security question. After creating these two items, the Buyer can begin using FedBid.
2. Log In
- Click on "Login" on the upper right of your screen.
- Enter the email address and password used when you registered on FedBid.
3. Create a Buy
- Once signed in, click on the ‘Create New Buy’ link under the Quick Links menu.
- Input Buy Description, Internal Description and Solicitation (or purchase order) Number (Internal Description and Solicitation Number are for internal use only and will not be viewed by Sellers); determine the bidding End Date and Time; choose the Contract Vehicle under which you would like to receive bid responses; select any applicable Seller Community; determine desired Set-Aside (diversity ownership) Requirements, which will dictate which Sellers are allowed to view and bid on the buy; decide whether the Sellers should bid ‘Exact Match’ to specification, ‘Meet or Exceed’, or ‘Brand Name or Equal’; select Payment Type and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Select the desired Category and Subcategory by clicking on the appropriate link.
- Add Line Items including Line Item Description, Quantity and Unit of Measure for each; and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Define the terms of the buy and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Set the Bid Decrement (the minimum amount by which a Seller must lower their bid in order to rebid) and input Total Target Price and choose whether or not to make it active. Add any Suggested Sellers that you would like to specifically include in the buy (be sure to include any Seller that provided the basis for an Active Target Price). Assign a shipping address. If the desired shipping location is not in the drop down list, add the address by clicking on the ‘Manage Address Book’ button and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Confirm your information. If there is a need to edit the auction specifications, click on the ‘Edit’ button to return to previous pages; otherwise, click the ‘Post Buy’ button and your requirement will be posted to the applicable Seller Community.
If at anytime you need help creating a buy or you are unsure if you qualify to participate,
please contact ClientServices@FedBid.com or call 703-385-9777.